Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Mixtape 2

Back again. I decided to publish this one early since I'll be on vacation until Monday.

This was a short week so I had to dig deep, but the mix turned out great. Be sure to check out Oh Mandy by The Spinto Band--my favorite of the week.




Mixtape 2
(Requires a Rhapsody subscription)



1. Ziggurat Traffic (Without sample) - The Joggers
I can't figure out whether I like this band or not

2. Getting Nowhere Fast - The Wedding Present
I've been looking forward to listening to this album for awhile. This song was the first to catch my attention.

3. In This Home Of Ice - Clap Your Hands Say Yeah
Hypnotic and catchy with a great finish.

4. Someday You Will Be Loved - Death Cab For Cutie
One of the few highlights from Death Cab's new album

5. Gloria: In Excelsis Deo - Patti Smith
The female Iggy Pop?

6. Garageland - The Clash
WTF is a bullsh*t detector?

7. Complete Control - The Clash
Clash block. IMHO one of The Clash's top five songs.

8. Lightsabre Cocksucking Blues - Mclusky
Warning! Do not play this while driving.

9. Oh Mandy - The Spinto Band
You may have recognized the intro from a Sears commercial. Don't let that turn you off.

10. Nowhere Man - Low
Where is Alan Sparhawk on this track.

11. Thunder Road - Bruce Springsteen
In honor of The Boss's 30th anniversary of his breakthrough album.