Friday, November 18, 2005

What about this idea for the blog?

On the ride home I began to think about my blog and how I haven't posted in over a week--ok, maybe it's been two weeks. The problem with blogs, especially ones that have no overriding theme is coming up with interesting, useful content to publish. Since I hadn't established a direction, it was very easy for me to neglect my blog and hence, no new messages in over a week.

So I came up with a plan. According to The Tipping Point, social epedemics are caused by three groups of people: mavens, salesmen, and connectors. Mavens are experts on a subject. Salesmen pursuade others on the merits of the subject. Connectors build and facilitate the social network for information to flow between people about the subject. I've recognized that I play the connector role in "tipping" trends in music--at least amongst my small group of friends.

My plan then is to create weekly "mixtapes", a Rhapsody playlist of ~10 songs published each monday. These songs can and will be anything I find interesting in that week period. New and old, obscure and popular, rap or rock--anything is fair game. My hope is that you will find my mixtapes interesting enough to come back each week to grab the next one. I may post about other topics, but as a guarentee you'll get a new mixtape every week.

Stay tuned...