Sunday, December 25, 2005

Mixtape 5

Ok, I know I said I would post a new playlist each Monday but it was a busy week. So here it is, the last mixtape of '05. Let's get to it:



Mixtape 5



1. New Born - Muse
Good mixtapes kick your ass with the first track. You won't get up after this one.

2. Piazza, New York Catcher - Belle And Sebastian
Combines two of my favorite things: San Francisco and The New York Mets.

3. It's A Hit - Rilo Kiley
Frankly, it's the only song I've really listened to by Rilo Kiley, but it rocks.

4. Christmas (Baby Please Come Home) - Death Cab For Cutie
Token Christmas song.

5. Deep Sea Diver - Grizzly Bear
Rebirth of The Beta Band.

6. You Vandal - Saves The Day
Big up to this band from my former scene.

7. Building - Sense Field
On every Sense Field album there is at least one upbeat track.

8. Get Big - Okkervil River
Song of the week (er, two weeks).

9. Never Understand - Jesus and Mary Chain
Finally, some good Jesus and Mary Chain on Rhapsody.

10. Cut Dead - Jesus and Mary Chain
Double take.