Monday, January 16, 2006

Mixtape 7

I know, I know, it's been awhile since my last post. For all of those folks begging for the latest installment of my mixtape series, this one's for you.

BTW, I never got around to publishing Mixtape 6. Who knows, it might surface one day.




Mixtape 7
(Requires a Rhapsody subscription)




1. This is Just a Modern Rock Song - Belle and Sebastian
Perhaps my favorite non-LP B&S track.

2. The W.A.N.D. - The Flaming Lips
It's been a while since the Lips released their last album. This is a good teaser.

3. Hounds of Love (new mix) - The Futureheads
Are the Futureheads the new Clash? Perhaps. This is a great cover song of a band your sure to hear a lot more of.

4. Sovay - Andrew Bird
His newest album really grew on me while I was in Europe.

5. Sweethearts On Parade - M. Ward
M. Ward is amazing and this track is a clear example why.

6. Razorblade - The Strokes
This is a good song, but I know I've heard that chorus before, but I can't remember where?

7. Mandy - Barry Manilow
Oh yeah

8. If I Could - Mineral
IMHO, the greatest emo song ever written.

9. A Newfound Interest In Massachusetts - Get Up Kids
I cannot listen to the breakdown without flailing my arms on the air drums.