Monday, January 23, 2006

Matchpoint's Mixtape #2

I've changed the name of my blog, and hence, the name of my mixtape series as well. It also gives me pleasure to announce that my mixtapes will get syndciated on Rhapsody Radish, an amazing resource for Rhapsody users. Robert seems to have an endless supply of time to build playlists of all kinds. Want a playlist of the most popular Bar Mitzvah Songs? He's got it. Check it out--you won't be disappointed.





Matchpoint's Mixtape 2
(Requires a Rhapsody subscription for full access)






1. Made-Up Dreams - Built To Spill
I heard that BTS's new album is a return to the Perfect From Now On days. Let's hope so.

2. Quickcheck Girl - The Bouncing Souls
On my top 10 song list of all time. If you get a chance, check out the LP version on Maniacal Laughter.

3. Keasbey Nights - Catch 22
These guys are from my home state of New Jersey. It's amazing they never blew up like Saves The Day.

4. Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before - The Smiths
My first favorite Smiths song. Definitely not the last.

5. Made Of Stone - The Stone Roses
Would Oasis exist without this band?

6. Police And Thieves - Junior Murvin
Heard this at a club last week and knew it had to be on this week's playlist.

7. Grace Cathedral Hill - The Decemberists
Saw Collin Melloy last Friday night, so it's fitting I add one of his songs. This one takes place in SF.

8. Laser Beam - Low
This album impresses me more every time I listen to it.

9. My Companion - The Shaggs
Ok, I know it's crap, but you have to read the artist profile on Rhapsody.