Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Matchpoint's Mixtape #4

I originally started this blog with no focus other then to explore the explosive phenomena of blogging. I wanted to immerse myself in the blogosphere and I felt the best way to accomplish this was to start my own blog.

However, almost as soon as I started blogging I realized in order for a blog to be successful it needed to add value. After some brief attempts at making this an elearning blog, I settled on publishing Rhapsody playlists, or the modern incarnates of mixtapes.

Far from a success, i've managed to reach a group of readers beyond my intended audience of close friends. Now that my blog is picking up a little steam, I plan on putting more energy into it. I've also been inspired by Naked Conversations, a book i'm currently reading about the blog revolution. Not to alarm my faithful mixtape series followers, but I intend to open this blog up to non-mixtape content. This is only an intention, not a promise. Hopefully my written word is as intersting as my taste in music. More to come...

And finally, this week's mixtape:





Mixtape
(Requires a Rhapsody subscription for full access)






1. Another Sunny Day - Belle and Sebastian
Enjoy this quality track from their new album.

2. Lola - The Kinks
Unfortunately, Rhapsody does not have The Raincoat's excellent cover of this song.

3. Wave Of Mutilation - Pixies
The slowed down version is starting to grow on me.

4. I Bet You Look Good On the Dancefloor - Arctic Monkeys
There's a lot of hype around this band. The jury is still out until I hear their full length.

5. Girl - Built To Spill
A simple, lo-fi track by Doug Martsch and the Spill.

6. Back To The Lake - Guided By Voices
For some reason reminds me of Friday the 13th the Nintendo game--go figure.

7. Destroy Everything You Touch - Ladytron
I've just been introduced to this band, which I believe are playing Coachella this year.

8. Organic - Philip Glass
This is getting me psyched up for the Phillip Glass Ensemble's live